Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 5:29 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DWP - Driving while Praying
DWP - Driving while Praying
I'm dying...

http://www.nwfdailynews.com/news/2016071...hits-house

Quote:MARY ESTHER — A 28-year-old woman was taken to the hospital for evaluation after driving into a Mary Esther house Thursday morning.

The woman told Okaloosa County Sheriff’s Office deputies she was praying at the time and had her eyes closed, according to the OCSO.

The Fort Walton Beach woman was traveling eastbound on Marcia Drive when she failed to stop at a stop sign, went through an intersection and into the yard of a home on Miramar Drive.

She tried to back out but got stuck in the sand, the OCSO said.

She was cited for reckless driving with property damage.

No one in the house was injured.

[Image: AR-160719902.jpg]

I wonder if this ticket and fine violates her right to free exercise of religion?

CHRISTIANS CAN'T EVEN LET JESUS TAKE THE WHEEL IN THIS COUNTRY ANYMORE!!!
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
RE: DWP - Driving while Praying
"Jesus take the wheel" fail
Florida. Of course it's Florida.
Is this a real story?

God damn, stop it you crazy people.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Jesus TOLD you not to pray in the street, you silly woman. Sheesh.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
This sounds like she fell asleep, was texting, or just speeding and lost control. She probably just said she was praying, trying to get a little sympathy.

Why would you need to pray with your eyes closed?
(July 13, 2016 at 5:40 am)Mr.wizard Wrote: This sounds like she fell asleep, was texting, or just speeding and lost control. She probably just said she was praying, trying to get a little sympathy.

You may very well be right, Christians know they do not need to close their eyes in prayer, IMO she probably wasn't a Christian and if she was telling the truth regardless of being a Christian she shouldn't be let out of the house.

GC
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
Thank God she's OK!
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(July 13, 2016 at 6:40 am)ignoramus Wrote: Thank God she's OK!

Prayer works. If she hadn't been praying while she was praying...
(July 13, 2016 at 6:20 am)Godschild Wrote:
(July 13, 2016 at 5:40 am)Mr.wizard Wrote: This sounds like she fell asleep, was texting, or just speeding and lost control. She probably just said she was praying, trying to get a little sympathy.

You may very well be right, Christians know they do not need to close their eyes in prayer, IMO she probably wasn't a Christian and if she was telling the truth regardless of being a Christian she shouldn't be let out of the house.

GC

Yeah because no true Christian would be that idiotic.

WRONG!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] Woman raped while onlookers did nothing LadyForCamus 115 5708 October 19, 2021 at 5:17 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  BMW to build self driving motorcycle onlinebiker 12 707 July 9, 2021 at 9:02 pm
Last Post: AkiraTheViking
  Distracted Driving Penalties BrianSoddingBoru4 31 1147 November 14, 2020 at 1:54 am
Last Post: Sal
  While 45 is busy vilifying entire groups.... Brian37 11 695 September 22, 2018 at 9:13 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  BREAKING: Saudi Women Driving, it is now official WinterHold 10 1396 June 24, 2018 at 9:10 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Sometimes Even Drunk Driving Works Out Well! Minimalist 5 916 June 6, 2018 at 11:15 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Self-driving shuttle bus in crash on first day. Succubus 13 1462 November 11, 2017 at 2:29 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Trump avoids American journalists while in international spotlight. Anomalocaris 8 1768 July 15, 2017 at 9:15 am
Last Post: chimp3
  Spend Less Time Praying Boys Minimalist 13 3096 April 25, 2017 at 8:16 pm
Last Post: The Industrial Atheist
  While everyone is busy with overseas violence. Brian37 5 1489 April 13, 2017 at 8:17 pm
Last Post: Minimalist