Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 8:29 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another question for Christians
Another question for Christians
Why does blood sacrifice make everything better?

By "make everything better" I mean enable God to forgive our sins.
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
RE: Another question for Christians
Because god's a prick?
I have a theory on this one...
Because humans have an infatuation with blood, death, and carnage.

And why? because blood, death and carnage is the only thing that isn't boring as hell in ancient times!

Think about it. What is there to fucking do on this planet?? Hunting or planting food, fucking your spouse, or killing people.

It's all well and good when there's a war of some kind cause everybody's got something to do, which may help explain why there is ALWAYS some kind of war going on somewhere on the planet.

But seriously, there's no electricity, there's no night clubs, there's no bowling alleys, there isn't shit to do for thousands of years! Humans could've easily made appeasing the gods something simple, but what good would that do? You've got to make BELIEVERS out of people. You gotta show them the PIZZAZZ!! If you want the masses to not only show up in the town centers all around the globe, but also fear the "power of your god", you've got to not only make it a big deal you've got to find a way to ENTERTAIN them.

Quite simply, blood sacrifice was the only thing they had and that's why it's done EVERYWHERE! Throw a virgin in a volcano / cut out a heart on an altar / burn them at the stake / tear their limbs off ... humans both hate and LOVE carnage. I theorize that blood sacrifice came about because there was simply nothing better to do. Humans truly do need to entertain themselves. What better way than to think of something that we know is brutally wrong and simply find a way to justify doing it for our own amusement?

Everyone already knows that jesus christ's blood sacrifice was in no way a new concept. He was just the next one in line. Jesus had to die on the cross, not because blood has some kind of forgiving healing power, but because thousands of years earlier, human beings were just plain fucking bored.

It's the same reason to this day people watch car and boat races - not for the winner but for the horrible accident they might get a chance to witness. We love horror films for the same reason. "Aw god that was soooo sick!! .... I LOVED IT!"
[Image: Evolution.png]

It's pretty simple stuff to figure out how important blood is. Especially whilst being gored by mammoths day in and day out..lol.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(October 16, 2011 at 9:17 pm)Cinjin Wrote:

Yes, Christ did have to shed His blood to pay our price for sin, He was the next in line so to speak and the last, after His resurrection there were no more blood sacrifices. There was a Indy Car driver killed in a race today and I found no pleasure in it, nor did the drivers or fans that I saw, so the only thing I can figure is that you are speaking from your own fillings.
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
(October 16, 2011 at 10:07 pm)Rhythm Wrote: It's pretty simple stuff to figure out how important blood is. Especially whilst being gored by mammoths day in and day out..lol.

I almost had an asthma attack
Hilarious

(October 16, 2011 at 11:59 pm)Godschild Wrote:
(October 16, 2011 at 9:17 pm)Cinjin Wrote:

Yes, Christ did have to shed His blood to pay our price for sin, He was the next in line so to speak and the last, after His resurrection there were no more blood sacrifices. There was a Indy Car driver killed in a race today and I found no pleasure in it, nor did the drivers or fans that I saw, so the only thing I can figure is that you are speaking from your own fillings.

Oh there were plenty more blood sacrifices. I get the impression that you're a very sheltered person. Sheltered from reality, that is. Why did there HAVE to be a blood sacrifice? If god is so shitting great then why'd he have to make a big dramatic bloody mess to forgive us for our sins?

Why can't he just wave his hand the same way that he did when he invented the earth and humans and stuff, and invent his own forgiveness?

(October 16, 2011 at 11:59 pm)Godschild Wrote: Yes, Christ did have to shed His blood to pay our price for sin, He was the next in line so to speak and the last, after His resurrection there were no more blood sacrifices. There was a Indy Car driver killed in a race today and I found no pleasure in it, nor did the drivers or fans that I saw, so the only thing I can figure is that you are speaking from your own fillings.

Well of course you didn't take pleasure in a man dying! Neither would I. Society as a whole has evolved. The handful of religious sects that still practice blood sacrifice are few and far between. How retarded are you? I was trying to show that there is, even in today's world, a part of the human species that is dark and blood-thirsty. No we don't want innocent people to die ... but we sure as hell don't mind looking it up on the internet to see it on video playback.

Maybe that's not your thing. It's not for many, but that doesn't change the fact that it's a very very real human phenomenon. What is your point??

(also on a side note: you can't make any claims as to what OTHER people feel about the accidental death of a Indy race car driver - I don't care how connected to god you think you are)
[Image: Evolution.png]

(October 16, 2011 at 10:07 pm)Rhythm Wrote: It's pretty simple stuff to figure out how important blood is. Especially whilst being gored by mammoths day in and day out..lol.

I almost had an asthma attack
Hilarious

(October 17, 2011 at 12:19 am)aleialoura Wrote:
(October 16, 2011 at 11:59 pm)Godschild Wrote:

Oh there were plenty more blood sacrifices. I get the impression that you're a very sheltered person. Sheltered from reality, that is. Why did there HAVE to be a blood sacrifice? If god is so shitting great then why'd he have to make a big dramatic bloody mess to forgive us for our sins?

Why can't he just wave his hand the same way that he did when he invented the earth and humans and stuff, and invent his own forgiveness?

Your proof of the continuing blood sacrificing.
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
You have any evidence that any of that happened GC?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Hypatia, for one! Read my signature! Then we have the spanish inquisition, the holocaust, all the witch burnings etc..

http://www.hyperhistory.net/apwh/essays/...ianity.htm

They weren't sacrificed for anyone's sins, but they were sacrificed in accordance with the bible:

Quote:They entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and soul; and everyone who would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, was to be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman. (2 Chronicles 15:12-13 NAB)

Suppose you hear in one of the towns the LORD your God is giving you that some worthless rabble among you have led their fellow citizens astray by encouraging them to worship foreign gods. In such cases, you must examine the facts carefully. If you find it is true and can prove that such a detestable act has occurred among you, you must attack that town and completely destroy all its inhabitants, as well as all the livestock. (Deuteronomy 13:13-19 NLT)

If your own full brother, or your son or daughter, or your beloved wife, or you intimate friend, entices you secretly to serve other gods, whom you and your fathers have not known, gods of any other nations, near at hand or far away, from one end of the earth to the other: do not yield to him or listen to him, nor look with pity upon him, to spare or shield him, but kill him. (Deuteronomy 13:7-12 NAB)

Cursed be he who does the Lords work remissly, cursed he who holds back his sword from blood. (Jeremiah 48:10 NAB)

Anyone arrogant enough to reject the verdict of the judge or of the priest who represents the LORD your God must be put to death. Such evil must be purged from Israel. (Deuteronomy 17:12 NLT)

You should not let a sorceress live. (Exodus 22:17 NAB)

A man or a woman who acts as a medium or fortuneteller shall be put to death by stoning; they have no one but themselves to blame for their death. (Leviticus 20:27 NAB)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Christians vs Christians (yec) Fake Messiah 52 7835 January 31, 2019 at 2:08 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Another reason why Christians go to church Alexmahone 40 4788 August 20, 2018 at 10:35 am
Last Post: Cod
  Hypothetical Question for Christians (involving aliens) Tiberius 26 3348 June 7, 2018 at 1:59 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Question I have for Christians. Quick 45 7022 May 12, 2018 at 1:20 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  A single question for Christians Foxaèr 30 6347 October 6, 2017 at 9:00 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  Question for Christians regarding elimination of Sin ErGingerbreadMandude 11 2767 January 29, 2017 at 4:25 pm
Last Post: The Wise Joker
  A Loaded Question for Christians chimp3 33 4966 December 19, 2016 at 4:06 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Question to Christians purplepurpose 72 8725 July 7, 2016 at 12:40 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Why do Christians become Christians? SteveII 168 31254 May 20, 2016 at 8:43 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy
  Hypothetical Question for the Christians Cecelia 7 1587 January 18, 2016 at 3:32 pm
Last Post: Drich