Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 27, 2024, 12:27 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
So you when to hell now what.
RE: So you when to hell now what.
(November 22, 2014 at 9:47 am)Losty Wrote:
(November 22, 2014 at 3:52 am)snowtracks Wrote: God doesn't torture (violation of His nature). the word is better translated to mean 'restrain'. those individual that demonstrated the most evil, will have the most 'restrain' placed on them in order to protect the other inhabitants. the 'torture' is that they can't release their full fury on others.

What fury?
the fury is the evil they wish to inflict on others, but they're being prevented which is a torment to them. satan and his dark angels will have the most restraint, then it's scaled down from there.
Atheist Credo: A universe by chance that also just happened to admit the observer by chance.
Cool story.
(do you actually believe in demons, btw?)
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(December 2, 2014 at 7:46 pm)Beccs Wrote:
(December 2, 2014 at 7:39 pm)pocaracas Wrote: I remember a story about a guy named Abraham... which was asked to kill someone... could you freshen my memory?

But they LOVE to emphasise that in the end an angel stopped the sacrifice.

Not "god", an angel.

Yeah, there was no sacrifice in the end. Though the kid must have been royally fucked up emotionally.

Issac went on to be a highly successful man and worshiped God. The angel (do you know what angel means) was God, Christ in this case. Christ appeared as an angel several times in the OT.

GC
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
At least Isaac got to fight Yahweh to a standstill, until Yahweh pulled a low blow in order to win. At least i think it was Isaac that did it. That's one way to blow off steam.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Thank you for accepting my apology GC and for answering my questions.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(December 3, 2014 at 1:25 am)Chad32 Wrote: At least Isaac got to fight Yahweh to a standstill, until Yahweh pulled a low blow in order to win. At least i think it was Isaac that did it. That's one way to blow off steam.

Give Isaac credit though he went 1 on 1 with god and god had to cheat to win. But hey now if we go 1 on 1 with god hey we would probably win because cups and such. I.E. crotch armor.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
We have The Undertaker now, God won't be pulling that wrestling stunt again.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of my best videos
(December 3, 2014 at 1:25 am)Chad32 Wrote: At least Isaac got to fight Yahweh to a standstill, until Yahweh pulled a low blow in order to win. At least i think it was Isaac that did it. That's one way to blow off steam.

Kicked him in the nuts. One of the few funnier stories in the OT.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
(December 3, 2014 at 1:02 am)Godschild Wrote:
(December 2, 2014 at 7:46 pm)Beccs Wrote: But they LOVE to emphasise that in the end an angel stopped the sacrifice.

Not "god", an angel.

Yeah, there was no sacrifice in the end. Though the kid must have been royally fucked up emotionally.

Issac went on to be a highly successful man and worshiped God. The angel (do you know what angel means) was God, Christ in this case. Christ appeared as an angel several times in the OT.

GC

Can you give the bible verse that says that Jesus was the angel that stopped the sacrifice? Why wouldn't the text call Jesus and angel?
I can do better than that, I got it all on tape:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYvcc8ui3CM

Index of my best videos

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If you knew for certain that you were going to Hell zwanzig 32 3608 March 9, 2021 at 8:48 pm
Last Post: Ryantology
  Too Late Fucktards. You Own Him Now. Minimalist 10 1715 October 10, 2018 at 4:14 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Ex-Christians: How do you lose your fear of hell? KiwiNFLFan 29 6262 November 20, 2017 at 2:07 pm
Last Post: purplepurpose
  Are you going to hell... Drich 143 20649 February 5, 2016 at 11:43 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  What the Hell,is Hell anyway? Vern Cliff 31 7727 October 15, 2015 at 1:17 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Christians you guys are going to hell dyresand 23 6963 September 22, 2015 at 7:51 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  so you're in heaven now what? - coming soon so you're in hell now what v2 dyresand 8 2902 July 13, 2015 at 12:24 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Finally! The definitive list of sexual positions which will sentence you to Hell! Jacob(smooth) 31 10108 February 19, 2015 at 5:50 pm
Last Post: pocaracas
  You all convinced me, I'm now an Atheist!!! Drich 141 18012 January 19, 2015 at 6:02 pm
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  How would you regard good evidence for a God you don't now believe in? Whateverist 32 9585 January 11, 2015 at 5:30 pm
Last Post: fr0d0