Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 16, 2024, 4:46 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The 10 Most Ridiculous Beliefs in the Christian Delusion
The 10 Most Ridiculous Beliefs in the Christian Delusion
10. If you are gullible enough to believe in Christianity, you won't have to spend your afterlife in the torments of hell.
9. Hell.
8. There is a real evil spirit named Satan or Lucifer and he wants your soul!
7. Prophets foretold the coming of the Messiah and King Jesus!
6. God impregnated a young virgin. And that was after his "angel" Gabriel told her in a vision.
5. God is one Being but three Persons. It's just too "mysterious" for stupid people to understand... like us Christians.
4. God rose himself from the dead...and then floated into the sky 40 days later, before anyone outside of his devoted inner circle had a chance to see him.
3. God is the world's most successful author; he wrote a total of sixty-six books and his career lasted approximately 1,400 B.C.-100 A.D. (according to Christians)! Incredible longevity!
2. God created a Universe, the observable portion being at least 539,400,000,000,000,000,000,000 miles across, 13.8 billion years ago, so that through your 9-10 decades on Earth (if you're very lucky), you could be born into sin but acquire the free gift of salvation, per his mercy, and be granted an eternity of life side by side with him in heaven---by believing in a story he wrote down by manipulating the hands of Greek-speaking Jews 2,000 years ago.

And the winner is....

1. God requires human sacrifice to repay evil and Jesus' virgin blood was just the ingredient that holy justice demanded.
He who loves God cannot endeavour that God should love him in return - Baruch Spinoza
RE: The 10 Most Ridiculous Beliefs in the Christian Delusion
Nice work!

It must have been damn hard narrowing it down to 10.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
I'm surprised the one about the dirt man and the rib woman being tricked by a talking snake into eating magic fruit didn't make the list.

Then again, that one is only believed by people stupid enough to be literalists.
How can you be a literalist anyway? They believe even forgeries are the word of God?

I guess they argue that God put in the forgeries, or something. Or there are no forgeries.

Actually, they probably believe they are holding the original, which was written in English by white jesus.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of my best videos
If you're not a believer everything is going to sound rather silly.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
It sounds rather silly and therefore I'm not a believer.
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
It sounds like incoherent blather, written for children, by psychotic children.

Index of my best videos
Here's my list:

10) God cares if you jack off.

9) The trinity bullshit.

8) A wooden ship 500 feet long didn't break up after forty days in a stormy sea.

7) Apples bequeath morality.

6) God bakes his misbehaving children at 425°F for all eternity because he loves them. They're clearly overdone by that time.

5) God can make an entire Universe, but he needs salesmen to make his money for Him.

4) Jesus knew what it meant to be human without ever once having had a great piece of ass. I'm definitely calling bullshit on this.

3) "The meek shall inherit the Earth." Wrong. The meek shall inherit a good screwing.

2) Mary was a virgin. I'm sure she said she was -- remember, she would have been stoned to death admitting adultery or fornication -- but apples don't fall far from apple trees, and little Jesus was a human, according to Lek, Drich, and the other knucklefuckers here.

... and number one on tonight's Top Ten list --

1) Morality is objective so long as their book written by humans says it is.

We have another winner!

Index of my best videos
You forgot to mention stuff from Revelation.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The ridiculous story of the temptation of Jesus Simon Moon 24 2542 March 4, 2021 at 6:05 am
Last Post: GUBU
  How can a Christian reject part of the Bible and still call themselves a Christian? KUSA 371 88347 May 3, 2020 at 1:04 am
Last Post: Paleophyte
  What beliefs would we consider reasonable for a self proclaimed Christian to hold? Whateverist 853 71407 April 16, 2018 at 4:26 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  So It Seems That This Jesus Freak Corporation's Religious Beliefs Only Go So Far Minimalist 11 2154 July 6, 2017 at 1:24 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Interesting survey of Evangelical beliefs in USA Bunburryist 33 5568 October 11, 2016 at 5:13 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Ridiculous Apologetic Atheists Shining_Finger 17 4042 September 25, 2015 at 12:23 am
Last Post: Losty
  Indoctrinated Beliefs Aractus 2 1219 May 9, 2015 at 5:05 am
Last Post: Aractus
  Challenge: Name Even 10 Beliefs in the Christian Delusion which are NOT Ridiculous Whateverist 33 5289 December 21, 2014 at 12:38 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  The most disgusting christian content you will ever see. Zidneya 38 13988 October 2, 2014 at 7:03 pm
Last Post: Zidneya
  Yet more christian logic: christian sues for not being given a job she refuses to do. Esquilax 21 7403 July 20, 2014 at 2:48 pm
Last Post: ThomM