Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 1:05 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
last time I made a "scout" thread..
last time I made a "scout" thread..
(if you did gt the title, go read a book)

So can any of you explain why the BOY SCOUTS are being forced to allow girls in, while the Girl scouts do not?

One why can't boys have their own little club and girls have the same?

I remember the boy scouts as being one of the few restbits I got from my sisters growing up. camping, fishing, camp fire stories! and we even started lying about girls we had kissed or what not. can't exactly lie about kissing such and such's sister when she is there to call you out!

What or why is there such a need to emasculate men and boys? to turn them into these gender neutral steers. Why can boy's be boy scouts and girls be girl scouts?
RE: last time I made a "scout" thread..
(October 17, 2017 at 3:52 pm)Drich Wrote: So can any of you explain why the BOY SCOUTS are being forced to allow girls in, while the Girl scouts do not?

Source? AFAIK they aren't being forced to allow girls in, they made that decision themselves. Also, the girl scouts do allow "boys" since they admit transgender kids who identify as girls.

Quote:One why can't boys have their own little club and girls have the same?

They can. Nobody is forcing anyone.

Quote:I remember the boy scouts as being one of the few restbits I got from my sisters growing up. camping, fishing, camp fire stories! and we even started lying about girls we had kissed or what not. can't exactly lie about kissing such and such's sister when she is there to call you out!

Good, it will teach boys not to lie then. Tongue

Quote:What or why is there such a need to emasculate men and boys? to turn them into these gender neutral steers. Why can boy's be boy scouts and girls be girl scouts?

Ask the boy scouts I guess. They made the decision. From what I read it's not as integrated as you seem to think:

"Existing packs may choose to establish a new girl pack, establish a pack that consists of girl dens and boy dens or remain an all-boy pack. Cub Scout dens will be single-gender — all boys or all girls" - http://www.scoutingnewsroom.org/press-re...gle-scout/
Quote:So can any of you explain why the BOY SCOUTS are being forced to allow girls in, while the Girl scouts do not?

So when a private organization's Board of Directors votes unanimously to change a policy you interpret that as being "forced?"
Have you been a girl scout? I have. If you aren't a girly girl it sucks. Of course girls are flocking to boy scouts, they get to do the fun stuff. If boys want a watered down version of their own scouts they can have girl scouts.
“What screws us up the most in life is the picture in our head of what it's supposed to be.”

Also if your signature makes my scrolling mess up "you're tacky and I hate you."
Girls are ok but if your kid is gay, you're out of luck, same goes for the scout masters.
"For the only way to eternal glory is a life lived in service of our Lord, FSM; Verily it is FSM who is the perfect being the name higher than all names, king of all kings and will bestow upon us all, one day, The great reclaiming"  -The Prophet Boiardi-

Conservative trigger warning.
[Image: s-l640.jpg]

Tomboys are cool.

That's all I'm going to say.

Kythxbai
Exactly, ML. My wife dropped out of GSA because it wasn't much fun. The GSA is pissed at the BSA, because the BSA is allowing girls to join to swell the ranks, as there are about a million less scouts than there were ten years ago. Also, the rank of Eagle Scout carries a cachet that one can't get in the GSA program.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/10/11/in-...grams.html

The girl scouts want no part of this. "it strains the century old bond between the two organizations"

The fact that the master organization allows girls in forces all the boy scouts to accept these rules.
I think it's hilarious that the mere presence of a woman seems emasculating to some men.  

Grow a pair.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Drich doesn't know the definition of forced. Why am I not fucking surprised?
"Tradition" is just a word people use to make themselves feel better about being an asshole.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Last French Survivor of D-Day Leon Gautier dies at the age of 100 (Monday July 3rd) Leonardo17 0 357 July 8, 2023 at 7:33 am
Last Post: Leonardo17
  Well, that didn't last long...MyPillow guy fail. arewethereyet 4 719 November 13, 2022 at 1:04 am
Last Post: LinuxGal
  The last US military planes have left Afghanistan, marking the USA longest war. WinterHold 22 1567 August 31, 2021 at 6:48 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  A Few Days Ago, I Made A Mistake BrianSoddingBoru4 57 3430 March 29, 2021 at 7:04 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Intimidation and defamation. Last desperate act. Brian37 16 1688 January 4, 2021 at 11:56 pm
Last Post: Fireball
Thumbs Up Last Non-winter onlinebiker 110 4188 April 6, 2020 at 4:12 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  ‘God made our immune systems perfect and healthy’ — Anti-vaxxers in NJ Fake Messiah 13 1188 January 20, 2020 at 9:10 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  5 suspicious packages found in the last 24 hours Joods 188 12976 October 29, 2018 at 12:15 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Saudi Reporter's last column. Free speech.... Brian37 9 955 October 20, 2018 at 11:03 am
Last Post: DodosAreDead
  Trump says Saudi Arabia's King Salman 'would not last two weeks' without US support WinterHold 2 481 October 7, 2018 at 12:15 am
Last Post: Minimalist