Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 17, 2024, 12:53 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Abrahamic sacrifice of his son.
RE: The Abrahamic sacrifice of his son.
[Image: 280dc34210b261679921b78c7adad3f4621e4cf7...39b5f5.jpg]
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
I am not sure what you are not understanding Atlas.
(March 28, 2018 at 6:19 pm)MysticKnight Wrote: I am not sure what you are not understanding Atlas.

I'm not sure what YOU are not understanding; MK :p
It's simple: I asked this question 5 months ago:

https://atheistforums.org/thread-51114-p...pid1638839

Still, you argue without even answering it...so ask your local Imam about it; see what he says.
I believe that it will play a crucial role in your mental condition.
I don't think Abraham existed but the myth reveals the kind of servile evil believers are capable of and find admirable.
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

Abraham became super confused, how can God ask him to do such a thing but he submitted never the less. And he was blocked as well as his son Ishmael from perceiving a more rational perspective.

The same happened to Noah, he became severely confused and began to question.

This is normal is all I'm saying. If we misunderstood revelation. It's normal. What is important is to seek clarification.
(March 28, 2018 at 6:11 pm)MysticKnight Wrote:
(March 28, 2018 at 6:07 pm)Khemikal Wrote: MK, I love my grandfather as hard as the day is long...but that doesn't mean the mans right about anything in particular or that I'd do what he does just because I love him.  That's not a solution to any problem at all.  That's just you telling us who you have the goodfeels for.

In case you weren't aware that we were already aware...we know you super duper love your imams and allah and all of that.

Love values a relationship as it's meant to be.

The relationship we are suppose to have with the Guides is to make them the eyes by which we see.

(March 28, 2018 at 5:56 pm)Brian37 Wrote: Why all the drama?

So if God helps, he is condemned for helping, and we don't take his help because we hate authority vested in his chosen ones, we blame him.  And if he doesn't help,  than the drama we blame on who exactly?  Both cases, it's us. I rather God help us out of our injustice then sit by and watch.

(March 28, 2018 at 6:07 pm)Hammy Wrote: Anyone else love how right LFC is?

I think she is married and you got to get over her.  Tongue

"If God Helps"

Again, there you go again ASSUMING.

I don't see based on the parameter claim of "all powerful" being helpful if you can stop human suffering but dont.

Would it be "helpful" if I had two kids who were not getting along, to leave knives and razor blades and guns in a room and simply say, "It is your fault if you kill each other"?

Human suffering does not happen because a super natural being exists, OF ANY LABEL, human suffering happens unfortunately because it does. Humans are all we have, so if WE want to reduce it, WE are the only ones who can.

No magic man required to explain life or how to reduce suffering. If you want to reduce suffering, humans STUDY the conditions, and seek ways in REALITY to reduce that suffering. There is NOBODY upstairs helping us.
(March 28, 2018 at 6:24 pm)MysticKnight Wrote: Abraham became super confused, how can God ask him to do such a thing but he submitted never the less.  And he was blocked as well as his son Ishmael from perceiving a more rational perspective.

This is normal is all I'm saying. If we misunderstood revelation. It's normal.  What is important is to seek clarification.

Sounds like both characters in the narrative were -this- close to being decent human beings..but decided to be believers instead.  

:  shrugs :

If I were abraham I'd have told god to fuck off, and if I were noah I'd have told him to drown me and find some other asshole to build his fairyboat. See, that's what moral conviction looks like.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(March 28, 2018 at 6:01 pm)MysticKnight Wrote:
(March 28, 2018 at 5:50 pm)Khemikal Wrote: Why is it god always goes with his shittiest idea, rather than one that might actually work and demonstrate that he knows what he's doing?

Per Atlas paradigm, this works. It would be the best solution. 

Per my paradigm it would be disaster causing things to be far worse. People would say, who is the proper interpreters. We all dispute regarding what it says, how do we know?

And the answer is always love, that has always been the answer and will always be the answer. Love towards the chosen leaders and the light of theirs that is found in all life, is the solution.

Always has been and always will be. People are jealous of what the grace vested in his chosen ones. They hate the idea of God selecting leaders and would rather everyone be on the same level.

But you can't love what you don't know at all, and so the books elaborate and manifest his beautiful navigating Captains who are instances of his name. They even manifest a consistent number with respect to the successors of the founder.

??

Why the bad mouth; Mystic?
Behave; boy. I dealt with you in respect in the past period; but no need to go ape shit on the people who treat you nicely.

So again: behave; boy.

Your Paradigm; faith; sect and Imams are made up shit, pooped by some motherfuckers who wanted to control the Middle East. The assholes kept killing us for centuries, in this age they bomb mosques and burn public gatherings; so...the shit is what you believe in; and what your paradigm suggests.

-__- and again: behave, boyo. And fuck you
Brian, we aren't children. God respects us. More importantly, he still believes in us.
(March 28, 2018 at 6:24 pm)MysticKnight Wrote: Abraham became super confused, how can God ask him to do such a thing but he submitted never the less.  And he was blocked as well as his son Ishmael from perceiving a more rational perspective.

This is normal is all I'm saying. If we misunderstood revelation. It's normal.  What is important is to seek clarification.
It's a myth. You can make it mean what you want.
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gender Issues and Religion (especially Abrahamic Religions) Leonardo17 4 442 January 4, 2024 at 2:06 pm
Last Post: Leonardo17
  The Issue of Idolatry in Abrahamic Religions Leonardo17 28 3107 October 10, 2023 at 4:21 pm
Last Post: Ahriman
  The true story of Prophet Mohammed and His Young Wife Aisha Believe Heart 31 2335 September 25, 2022 at 11:48 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  His throne is on water..stunning scientific theory that the Quran foretold 1400 y ago WinterHold 113 22694 March 2, 2020 at 7:34 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Converted2Islam on YouTube shares his reasons for apostatizing ReptilianPeon 10 2635 July 17, 2016 at 1:04 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  Fatwa allowing husband to eat his wife. Ksa 3 1843 April 16, 2015 at 6:16 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  ISIS: Every Muslim should get out of his house, find a crusader, and kill him mralstoner 8 2838 October 14, 2014 at 8:15 am
Last Post: Dragonetti
  Muhammad sticks his nose into reality and fails miserably exMohammed 13 6300 August 20, 2014 at 2:19 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  What if you are not as pervert as Muhammad & his men? exmuslim 7 4857 May 21, 2013 at 12:30 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Mass murderer converts to religion more appropriate to his behavior Ryantology 8 3883 March 22, 2013 at 8:16 pm
Last Post: Tiberius